Thursday, February 28, 2008

the waiting game

Oooh, how I hate waiting--but the getting pregnant game is all about waiting so I know I'm in for a lot of it!
This cycle is dragging on...ugh. BUT, the good news is, March is just around the corner--gosh, two days away! And once we're out of March, we'll be out of the danger zone of being due in December. After that, it's smooth sailing!!
I ordered a super-cute diaper bag from a gal on Etsy who makes THE most beautiful bags in Amy Butler fabrics...but this one has a bird, too, which I loooove. She had a promo, too, for a free mini-wallet with purchase, soooo--how could I resist?? :)

I am definitely planning to try to lose about 5 lbs. in March--I could easily look three months pregnant, given the right pair of pants and a big lunch (like today--hello, Chipotle burrito!). I'd like to start UNDER what I weighed when I was pregnant with Andrew, which was 158 lbs. That was a little more pudgy than I prefer--so I'm shooting for about 153 lbs. before getting pregnant. I expect I'll gain more with this pregnancy--there's no way to avoid fries and chicken nuggets these days--so that should even me out.
My plan is to cut out the sweets. Yup, it'll be about that easy. I eat a LOT of sweets--especially this time of year, when the candy and treats are so tempting. That and drinking more water, coupled with not eating out when the kiddos eat out. Well, maybe once/week but not every day!
I'd like to start exercising, too. We have a Gazelle so it'd be super-easy to jump on for 30 minutes/day--it's just a matter of making it a priority.
It's nice to be gearing up for a pregnancy--especially since it's springtime and everything is blooming. I even got back most of my loaned-out maternity clothes yesterday! Good timing all around.

No comments: