Saturday, April 12, 2008

chart study

I spent some time last night studying my chart and the one from when I got pregnant with Monkey and there are some similarities (like ovulating very near the same day) and differences, too. I had a very clear temp shift last time and this one was more gradual. But, hormones change and I am still nursing. Then there's when I ovulated. It could be a two to four-day difference. Assuming the earlier day, I could have implantation any time between days 8 and 12, which would be TODAY until Wednesday. With Monkey, I took a test at day 10, the same day I had a tiny bit of spotting (almost certainly implantation bleeding) and it was negative. Two days later, I had a faint positive and the next day, i had a clear positive.
10 days post-ov THIS cycle, when I could expect to have implantation spotting, would be Monday. And I could test as early as Wednesday. It does no good to test before implantation--your body doesn't know anything is going on until then because it's all on a cellular level UNTIL that fertilized egg burrows in the uterine lining. Then the hormones start flowing and the test picks it up.
My temps are low compared to Monkey's pregnancy...97.8 to 98.0 compared to 97.9 to 98.3 with Monkey. So that's not encouraging.
If I ovulated later than I thought, I wouldn't get a positive until Friday or later. So it'll be hard to wait it out and I wouldn't expect a period until Friday the 18th, at the earliest. It's going to be a long week.
First month trying. If it takes, it'll be a miracle--but it's always a miracle.
I feel a little icky...but it's probably anxiety!! I don't have a strong feeling either way--just hope.
I also had fertile-seeming fluid today, which is WAY weird. Hormonal changes?? Who knows. With Monkey, the other reason I suspected I was pregnant was because I usually spotted in the three or so days preceding my period--and was 14 days post-ov and wasn't spotting. So that'll be another sign to look for.
Anxiety, man. Phew.

No comments: